Top Stories

Fire breaks out near Dolphin Lunch Home in Manipal1 min read

March 20, 2018 < 1 min read

author:

Fire breaks out near Dolphin Lunch Home in Manipal1 min read

Reading Time: < 1 minute

MANIPAL: A massive fire broke out in a shop in Manipal at Eshwar Nagar on March 20 due to a short circuit, leaving at least two people with minor injuries from the accident.

Sapthami Complex and Residency in the area, saw high blaze as a paint and hardware shop on the ground floor suffered a short circuit that immediately resulted in a fire. The incident occurred at around 10:30 in the morning when the shop was closed. According to local people, an oil canister caught fire after the short circuit and later spread to the entire shop fuelled by the surrounding oil and paint.

 

Smoke arises from the accidental fire near Dolphin Lunch Home. || Picture Courtesy: Mehul Malpani

 

The fire brigade and ambulance service arrived at the scene of the incident almost an hour after the fire broke out. “A big damage had already occurred as the fire brigade vehicles came late,” said Uday who works in one of the neighbouring shops.

Three fire control vans at the scene were trying to get the fire under control. The police was also present to manage the crowd of on-lookers and the passing traffic.

The building complex has several other shops and apartments, including restaurant Dolphin Lunch Home, which is quite popular among the local residents and the students of the town.

 

Featured Image Courtesy: Mehul Malpani

Edited by: Niharika Nambiar