Indrali showroom catches fire, razes property worth crores1 min read
UDUPI: On June 23, Indrali’s Arj Arcade experienced a massive fire during nightfall. The fire which broke out at around 10 pm was brought under control as firefighters were immediately deployed. The adjacent petrol pump posed to be an alarming concern at the time of handling the mishap and a catastrophe was therefore prevented.
The three-storeyed building housed many shops including a two-wheeler motor vehicles shop and a computer centre. In a telephone conversation with The Manipal Journal, the Manipal Police Station informed that damages worth more than 7 crores were caused altogether, amongst four shops reportedly affected. It is said that the reason for the fire outbreak could have been a short-circuit in the building.
Previously, on June 22, a Honda Activa scooter caught fire while still in motion near the railway bridge at Indrali. Short circuit in the vehicle was suspected to be the cause.
Edited by: Disha Acharya